Are you looking for a way to make the most of your brown bin? Did you know that it can be used for more than just kitchen waste? In this blog, we’ll share some tips on how to make the most out of your brown bin in and outside of the kitchen!
- Optimize Garden Waste: Maximize your brown bin’s potential by composting organic materials like grass cuttings, weeds, leaves, and tree or flower clippings.
- Waste Disposal Wisdom: Exercise caution with what goes into your brown bin. Ensure that plastic items, including containers and packaging, are kept out, as they can’t be processed. Properly rinse and recycle plastic materials.
- Mind the Manure: While pet fur and hair is compostable, pet waste is not. Dispose of pet faeces in your general waste bin to prevent contamination.
- Environmental Impact: Utilising your brown bin effectively helps reduce your carbon footprint. By segregating and composting garden and food waste, you contribute to a circular economy. Panda, for instance, transforms brown bin contents into energy and fertilisers, benefiting local farmers.
- Simple Steps, Big Impact: These straightforward tips empower you to harness the full potential of your brown bin, making a meaningful contribution to environmental sustainability.
Reference our composting poster as a handy reminder of compost-friendly items.
Remember, each month, we’ll be selecting one Composting Champion! If you’re feeling proud of your accomplishments so far, simply complete the nomination form here, and you might secure a year’s worth of complimentary bin collections!